Eastern Tribes Return to Their Lands: Joshua 22:1-9 (New King James Version)
22:1 Then Joshua called the Reubenites, the Gadites, and half the tribe of Manasseh, 2 and said to them: “You have kept all that Moses the servant of the LORD commanded you, and have obeyed my voice in all that I commanded you. 3 You have not left your brethren these many days, up to this day, but have kept the charge of the commandment of the LORD your God. 4 And now the LORD your God has given rest to your brethren, as He promised them; now therefore, return and go to your tents and to the land of your possession, which Moses the servant of the LORD gave you on the other side of the Jordan. 5 But take careful heed to do the commandment and the law which Moses the servant of the LORD commanded you, to love the LORD your God, to walk in all His ways, to keep His commandments, to hold fast to Him, and to serve Him with all your heart and with all your soul.” 6 So Joshua blessed them and sent them away, and they went to their tents.
7 Now to half the tribe of Manasseh Moses had given a possession in Bashan, but to the other half of it Joshua gave a possession among their brethren on this side of the Jordan, westward. And indeed, when Joshua sent them away to their tents, he blessed them, 8 and spoke to them, saying, “Return with much riches to your tents, with very much livestock, with silver, with gold, with bronze, with iron, and with very much clothing. Divide the spoil of your enemies with your brethren.”
9 So the children of Reuben, the children of Gad, and half the tribe of Manasseh returned, and departed from the children of Israel at Shiloh, which is in the land of Canaan, to go to the country of Gilead, to the land of their possession, which they had obtained according to the word of the LORD by the hand of Moses.
- Cities of the Levites: Joshua 21:1-42 (New King James Version) (egrejeen.wordpress.com)
- Departure from Sinai: Numbers 10:11-36 (New King James Version) (egrejeen.wordpress.com)
- Cities of Refuge East of the Jordan: Deuteronomy 4:41-43 (New King James Version) (egrejeen.wordpress.com)
- Division of the Plunder: Numbers 31:25-54 (New King James Version) (egrejeen.wordpress.com)
- Dissension of Aaron and Miriam: Numbers 12:1-16 (New King James Version) (egrejeen.wordpress.com)